2020-2021 College Catalog
Computer Information Technology, Microsoft Applications/Support Desk, A.A.S.
Major Code: 134
This program provides students with the technical skills required for Microsoft application certification exams and end user support.
In addition to General Education Outcomes, upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively to fulfilling business objectives.
- Troubleshoot applications and software.
- Assist in the design, delivery and improvement of in-house software applications.
- Install, diagnose, repair, maintain and upgrade PC hardware.
- Support the organization in the delivery of training to end users in the organization.
The program course requirements are presented in sequence. Part-time students and others who cannot follow this sequence should check course descriptions in the college catalog to determine prerequisites and, in addition, should consult their academic advisor regarding the order in which they take courses.
Job Titles: Application Developer, Computer Consultant, Information Technology Analyst, Telecommunications Analyst, Help Desk Engineer, Help Desk Specialist
Wage and Employment Trends:
- $29,000 Annual (Onet, 2018)
- Faster than Average Projected Growth (9% 2014-2024) (Onet, 2018)
- Certification Options: Microsoft Office Specialist, COMPTIA A+, COMPTIA LINUX
CIP Code: 110103