Major Code: 355
This program will provide students with short-term training to obtaining entry-level positions in computer and/or business offices. Graduates can obtain entry-level employment in a variety of firms that require technical computer repair and services.
Students in the Computer Information Technology, CAS A+ Computer Repair option will receive hands-on training using Windows, computer hardware upgrading, and network installation.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Use and apply features and commands of various operating systems.
- Learn the fundamentals of networks.
- Learn the basic operating system functions of Linux.
- Troubleshoot computer problems related to disks and files.
- Perform a network installation and interface of hardware components.
- Learn principles of building, repairing, and upgrading computers.
The program course requirements are presented in sequence. Part-time students and others who cannot follow this sequence should check course descriptions in the college catalog to determine prerequisites and, in addition, should consult their academic advisor regarding the order in which they take courses.
Job Titles: Computer repair technician, PC operator, Helpdesk technician, End-user support specialist
Wage and Employment Trends:
- $29.000 Annual (Onet, 2018)
- Certification Options: Microsoft Office Specialist, COMPTIA A+, COMPTIA N+, COMPTIA LINUX
CIP Code: 110103