Major Code: 360
This program will provide students with short-term training to obtain entry-level positions in computer and/or business offices.
Students in the Microsoft Applications, C.A.S, will receive hands-on training using Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Publisher. Occupations available for students completing program requirements include the following: software applications user, help desk technician and end user support. Graduates can obtain entry-level employment in a variety of firms that require an expertise in using Microsoft applications. The program also prepares the students for the MOS Certification exams.
In addition to General Education Outcomes, upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
In addition to General Education Outcomes, transfer students should be able to:
- Use and apply features and commands of various operating systems.
- Develop complex spreadsheets with Excel.
- Develop presentations with PowerPoint.
- Develop documents in Publisher.
- Develop documents in Word.
- Troubleshoot Microsoft Office problems.
The program course requirements are presented in sequence. Part-time students and others who cannot follow this sequence should check course descriptions in the college catalog to determine prerequisites and, in addition, should consult their academic advisor regarding the order in which they take courses.
Job Titles: Applications Developer, Computer Consultant, Information Technology, Telecommunications Analyst, Help Desk
Wage and Employment Trends:
- $29,000 Annual (Onet, 2018)
- Certification Options: Microsoft Office Specialist
CIP Code: 110103