NOTE: Online Degree Programs have specific entrance requirements. All developmental coursework must be completed prior to program admission.
This program is designed for those who expect to transfer to a college or university to study in a variety of liberal arts programs, including art, communication, education, English, journalism, library science, philosophy, pre-law, political science, or the social sciences. The curriculum gives students a broad background in liberal arts with an emphasis in the Liberal Arts disciplines.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of theories, concepts, and principles relevant to the liberal arts.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to general education competencies for the Associate in Arts degree, including the ability to:
- Communicate effectively in oral and written formats.
- Employ or utilize information access and literacy skills.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Employ mathematical and science reasoning skills.
- Acquire a cultural, artistic, and global perspective.
- Demonstrate professional and human relations skills.
Graduates of this program would plan to transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor’s degree in a variety of liberal arts disciplines, and may go on to earn an advanced degree.
General Education Core Requirements
Fall Semester (16 Credits)
Spring Semester (15/16 Credits)
Fall Semester (14 Credits)
- HPE - Physical Education Requirement 1 Credit(s) #
- HUM - Humanities Core Requirement 3 Credit(s)
- SCI - Science Core Requirement 4 Credit(s)
- SOC 125 - Introduction to Sociology 3 Credit(s)
- Concentration Elective 3 Credit(s) *
Spring Semester (15 Credits)
Total Credits (60-61)
HIST: Choose from HIST 100 , HIST 101 , HIST 110 , HIST 111
HPE: Choose from HPE 100 , HPE 101 , HPE 105
SCI: Choose from ASTR 125 , BIO 110 , BIO 112 , BIO 218 , CHEM 108 , CHEM 109 , GSC 100 , PHYS 104 , PHYS 105
SS: Choose from ECON 104 , ECON 105 , GEOG 205 , HIST 100 , HIST 101 , HIST 110 , HIST 111 , PSYC 208
HUM: Choose from ART 150 , ENG 200 , ENG 201 , ENG 210 , ENG 211 , PHIL 200
#HPE requirements can be fulfilled with any HPE 100 , HPE 101 or HPE 105 .
*Concentration Elective: Choose from any ART, ENG, ECON, HIST, SOC, SS, PSYC, or PHIL 200 (3 hours from 3 separate disciplines to equal nine hours.)