This program is designed to provide the technical knowledge and skills necessary for entry-level maintenance personnel positions in many types of businesses and industries. Students are prepared to make a rapid transition into gainful, productive employment.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of welding
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Demonstrate basic knowlesge of pumps and piping systems
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of electrical systems
- Recognize common industrial hazards
- Interpret basic industrial prints
Graduates from this program can expect to obtain employment in positions such as welders, pipefitters, heating technicians, refrigeration technicians, and facility maintenance workers.
Graduates are employed by unions, industrial, chemical and electrical plants, industrial centers, light and heavy commcercial centers, and health care facilities. The employment outlook for industrial maintenance technicians is excellent. There are job opportunities in Industrial Maintenance throughout the region and across the United States.